Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
The Human Resource Management Track provides the specialized knowledge and skills necessary for companies to effectively compete for the labor needed to drive their businesses.
This comprehensive series of 12 sessions covers the administration of each aspect of hiring, training, managing, disciplining, rewarding, and firing while assuring compliance with the regulations impacting employment decisions.
Each session approved for 1.84 credit hours towards PHR, SPHR and GPHR professional recertification.
- Sign up for the entire series at a discount or register for individual sessions.
Offered annually; monthly sessions.
Session Sequence and Topic:
- Introduction to Human Resource Administration
- Effective Recruiting and Hiring
- Behavioral Interviewing: Interviewing for Success
- An Introduction to Pre-employment Assessments
- HR Recordkeeping & Reporting
- Job Descriptions: Defining the Employment Relationship
- Employee Relations
- Wage & Salary Administration
- Administering Employee Benefits
- Administering Performance Appraisals
- Training and Development
- Administering Safety and Security
“The ability to meet and work with so many other HR Representatives and experts was by far an invaluable experience… Every HR professional in the construction industry should take this class.”
- Jessica Craft Schlosberg, Director of Human Resources, James Craft & Son, Inc.
“I gained so much knowledge that will be useful as I move forward in my career. Thanks for making this experience both valuable and enjoyable.”
- William G. Kipphorn Jr., HR Manager, PPC Lubricants Jonestown